Principles of the USYC and Membership
1) Respect for human rights and human dignity;
2) Equal treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, language, national origin, or religion;
3) Abidance by the council’s guidelines and rules;
4) Readiness to promote the objectives of council.
Members of the Youth Council must legally reside in Bulgaria, and must be between the ages of 16 and 35. Given the frequent interaction between Youth Council members and the international community, members must be able to effectively speak and understand English. Members should be committed, dynamic, creative, and collaborative, and interested in international affairs and in working toward a better future for Bulgaria.
How to become a member?
A candidacy for joining the Youth Council may be submitted upon recommendations from the U.S. Embassy, its partner agencies and organizations, or current Youth Council members.
New members will have probationary membership for a period of 3 months. At the conclusion of the probationary period, the Board of Directors will vote to add, or not add, the new member.
Those interested in joining the Youth Council should contact the Secretary of the USYC or send us an email trough the form below.
Responsibilities of the USYC’s members
Upon admission in the Youth Council all members shall:
- Follow the rules and guidelines of the organization
- Attend and be active in the monthly meetings of the organization
- Contribute in the activities of the organization within their means
- Respect and uphold the principles of the organization when associated with third parties
Youth are not only the future of Bulgaria - they are the now, the present!